Chic at Smythson


I had the pleasure of attending the Autumn/Winter 2010 preview at Smythson recently and I suggest you start saving your pennies because I saw a lot of chic accessories that you are definitely going to love.  I don't have an ipad yet but the new Smythson ipad case makes me want to go out and buy one tomorrow.  Unfortunately, they won't be released until October. Vogue loved it too as you can see below.  The fuchsia color called Damson and the ochre color called Amber are new for fall.  The embossed leather can be found in a myriad of items, some with contrasting shagreene closures.  They are also offering a lot more fun titled books with cute gold stamped sayings on the front such as "Blah Blah Blah", "O.M.G.!", and "J'Adore".  I've already suggested that they add "Blog Notes" to the selection for spring.  (In my signature orange please!)

Smythson has been a purveyor of ‘First class stationery, leather goods and cabinet work’ since 1887 and the highlight of my visit was the display in the bespoke stationery section of the store that highlights just a few the famous and powerful clients they've had over the years.  They include kings and queens, movie stars like Katherine Hepburn, and even the Kennedys.  I'd like to think they'd all have Smythson ipad cases if they were around today.  Happy Shopping!
 

 






Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic and Vogue.com